Why visit the algarve
Why visit the Algarve: Europe's most famous secret.
Why visit the Algarve? The slogan for the region, Europe's most famous secret has not been chosen at random. Located in the southernmost part of Portugal, the Algarve surprises with breathtaking landscapes, never ending beaches and picturesque villages. The list goes on and on.
The coast of the Algarve captivates you through the impressive cliffs, award winning beaches and fabulous restaurants. A region full of extremes, The Algarve has become one of the top touristic destinations. Portugal's south coast is in continual development. Many new resorts and hotels have announced their openings for next summer, 2018 ad 2019. Notable examples include the International Hotel Group (IHG) which is opening the Viceroy Algarve at Quinta da Ombria. The Pestana Hotel Group will open a new luxury Pousada at Vila Real de Santo António and their is a new ecological 5 star hotel with views over the River Arade at Estômbar.
Museu Arqueologico, Faro
5 Reasons why you should visit.
- Weather. The Algarve region is the luckiest in Portugal. With almost 300 days of sun each year, the temperatures are always high, with mild winters and very hot summers. With short periods of rain, the best months to visit the Algarve are May and September. Ocean lovers, sun seekers and explorers love the Algarvean way of life and come here all year round.
- Gastronomy. Portugal is well known for its cuisine and the Algarve for its fresh fish and sea food. One of the most famous dishes is Cataplana. This dish was named after the cooking device used, which is unique to the Algarve region. The dish combines different delicious seafoods like prawns, littleneck clams and chouriço sausage. Tourists can also learn to cook this specific dishby attending one of the Cataplana experience master classes.
- Golf. This is for all the golf lovers out there. One of the most well known attractions in the Algarve are the golf courses. With more than 40 courses, the golf in the Algarve is characterised by quality, top experiences and a collection of first class championships and charity matches.
- Nature. The Algarve is not just about the ocean, but some of the most thrilling landscapes in Europe. Cork trees, unique sceneries, a large diversity of rare botanical species and a rich variety of sea birds, the region is perfect for walking along nature trails, hiking and cycling.
- Luxury. Michelin star restaurants and 5 star hotels are spread out all around the region. Like with any other maritime region, yacht cruises are one of the top experiences. Vilamoura marina is one place chosen by many tourists who prefer a more luxurious holiday, characterised by wealth, good food and exclusivity. Other resorts include Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo.
For top experiences and a memorable holiday, the Algarve is one of the best options. Regardless of whether you want a romantic or family holiday, or just a short break, the list of activities is long, and all are possible. Why visit the Algarve? Now you know why.
Return to home page